Dr. Forrest Powers is a board-certified rheumatologist and a native to the Atlanta area. He is a graduate of Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, Georgia where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed his residency in internal medicine at Mercer University/Medical Center of Central Georgia where he also served as chief resident. He then completed his fellowship in rheumatology at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina. He is excited to be practicing in the Cherokee community and specializes in the evaluation/treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus (SLE) Sjogren’s syndrome, scleroderma, gout, myositis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
Education and Training
• Doctor of Medicine, Mercer University School of Medicine
• Residency, Internal Medicine, Mercer University School of Medicine
• Fellowship, Rheumatology, Medical University South Carolina
Certifications and Affiliations
• Board Certified, Internal Medicine
• Member, American College of Rheumatology
Dr. Powers sees patients at our Rheumatology Office.